Sunday, November 28, 2010

Starlynn 18 Months


Well, I know this is a little behind, but I thought I'd still give an update on Starlynn, who is now 18 Months Old.

Wow... she is pretty much just constant entertainment.

Starlynn's Imagination
I love that she can imagine-play so well. Grandma Sue got her a little table and chairs, and a tea set. She'll pour you and herself some "tea" and then we'll sip it, and she'll say "mmmmm", even though we were only sipping air. :-)

Garrett and I got a new free bed and when we were putting the frame together, she straddled it and moved around the edge going "ta ta ta toochoo" (translates into chug chug chug choo choo!). I was open-mouth amazed at this. No one prompted her to do anything like it, but wow... a bed frame does indeed look like railroad tracks! I just want to squeeze her up.

Love of Music and Dancing Continues
We always get lots of comments at church about how cute and entertaining (read: distracting) Starlynn is. During the songs, she stands on the pew and waves her arms around while she is "singing". She's the conductor! She is always inventing new dance moves and is singing and dancing even when there isn't music. I honestly can't wait until she's 3 and I can put her in dance classes (ballet, whatever). I am all for supporting whatever passions my children have whole-heartedly. I have always noticed Starlynn's love of singing and dancing. Yes, her love of animals and climbing and other things are strong too. And I will support these as well.

Words and Expressions
You already saw in the video below most of her animal sounds and a couple of her signs. A few words I think I can remember that she's added is: (some of these might be repeats from the last list)

Nigh-nigh for Nigh-Night
Beh (for Ben)
She now says BAnana, instead of just nana
Bite (for whenever she wants some of your food, which is all the time)
Out
Go
"go out"
Boot (for button and book)
Baby
ahna (for Launa)
More
peeees (please)
She makes a sound that sounds like the word "keys" but I don't know how to type it
Dights (lights)
Boowd (bird)
Affe (giraffe)
Bobbow (bottle)

That's all I can remember for "new words"

She's starting to make "sentences" too. Simple ones like "nigh nigh da da". Today she said "go bye bye no no" . . . I have no idea what she was trying to get across, but it was cute nonetheless.

"Ubbadee"
So, when she's super hyper, she starts bouncing up and down and going "ubbadee ubbadee ubbadee" over, and over and over again. And it's really cute. Had NO idea where it came from, but still cute. However, yesterday I finally figured out what she was saying because she was saying it fast like that and then she slowed down and said "up and down", and then started saying it super fast again making it sound like "ubbadee".

"Nine-BOPP"
As I have mentioned before, Starlynn loves counting, but everything is "nine, nine, nine". Well, we like to count down with the microwave. She'll look at it now and go "nine-BOPP". The other day, when she wanted to go to bed, part of our routine is to get her bottle ready together. She walked into the kitchen looking tired and fussy, looked at me and said, nine-BOPP. lol. She wanted to go to bed.

"Bapf"
That means bath. And I think it's the first word we'll have to start spelling. Even if you say the word in a sentence and not directly at her, she'll go "bapf?" and start heading for the stairs and taking her clothes off. She'll get upset if you don't follow her within a few minutes to get her her bath. The other day, no one even said the word and she started pulling at her clothes and saying "bapf!". :-) At least it's always in the evenings when bath times usually occur.

Monkey Climber
Pretty much, I've given up. She climbs everything. Now, she moves a chair up to the back of the couch, climbs onto it, and then hoists herself over the back of the couch to land in it, laughing the whole time. She sits on the arms of the couch and whinnies like a horse and bounces "ubbadee". She climbs onto the bar stools, on the fence outside in the park. Pretty much anything. If she falls, oh well! She stops fussing if she sees I'm not running over to her, and then she just does it again!

Well, I think I've talked enough about her for now. Yes, she is getting a little toddler-will-of-her-own, but she is still really cuddly, kissy and sweet too. Most of the time she wants to just sit with you and do whatever YOU'RE doing (whether you'd like her to or not). :)

That's it for now!

Here is a couple recent pics of her:

"Oh no . . . daddy made me wear a tie!"

At Midcrest Farm, seeing some beautiful Arabians (she owned that barn too).

This is pretty much how I was able to get a lot of my writing done. She'd sit with daddy and snack and watch her DVDs:

It's hard not to buy stuff for her when you know she'll be so grateful! The way she was constantly giggling and hugging that pillow pal made it impossible to say no.

At the ward harvest festival. It was cute to see all the kids dressed up.

At Thanksgiving. She ate so much of the cheese ball before dinner was served, that she hardly touched it. Oh well.

1 comment: