Saturday, June 11, 2011

First Fall and First Canter

Starlynn-

I took you horseback riding today :) Just me and you. When we were bringing Mynkie in from the pasture, I was silly and let go of you to get the gate open and when Mynkie backed up, you weren't expecting that so you had your first fall off today. I think it scared you a little, but it was in really slow motion and you landed on your feet then crumpled, so you didn't get hurt. You did cry, but I think it was mostly over not being on the horse anymore.

I didn't feed any energy into it, just picked you up as if nothing had happened. Then we took Mynk in, and you were done crying and excited to lead her.

I can say "go get a brush", and you'll move your little legs into the tack room and grab a brush (the hot pink one every time) and I grabbed a brush and we brushed Mynk. Then you were patient as I tacked her up and then we went riding!

You started out in the buddy saddle behind my saddle, but it just freaks me out to much not being able to see you. So I moved you to the front of me and we ride for about a half hour like that. We went to the outdoor arena and made about 20 laps.

So, you had your first fall off AND your first canter today. I was laughing so hard because your head was bobbling around and your helmet was smacking my chest. So we stopped. Your eyes were huge but you weren't crying--but you weren't laughing either!

It was a really fun day. You helped me put Mynk away... bringing me the brush I had used before and said "here go" which I thought was the cutest thing of the day. Then you played in the dirt with one of my clients while I brought the rest of the horses in.

It was a good day. I'm sorry you fell off! I realize all the things that could have gone wrong and I promise to be more careful! But I'm glad you weren't traumatized and don't seem to hold onto any grudge or memory of it. I love you! It's fun having you at the barn with me!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment