Starlynn was riding Magic during my lesson. My three lesson horses act like really good head-to-tail trail horses sometimes. So I am focusing on my new student riding Bob and we were working on her two point. Then I glance back at Starlynn and of course! She is two pointing too. So cute!
Second story I found quite interesting actually... we were bringing Riley in for Rachel and had to walk by this chestnut horse in its paddock. We were just walking, nothing happened to her and she started bawling and saying "Starlynn hurt". I picked her up, she couldn't tell me what happened and nothing was hurt on her, she just kept pointing to the chestnut horse, crying and saying "Starlynn hurt."
I couldn't figure it out, I thought the horse had kicked a rock that got her or something.
We walked in to the barn and I told Connie why she was crying and that I couldn't figure it out and she said, "Oh, probably cuz when you were here with your husband that time, Starlynn ran around the corner and scared that horse, it reared and got a little cut on its forehead and the farrier gave her a scolding."
Oh. Oops!! I felt bad that it happened. And I was amazed at her memory! That she knew it was that specific horse because the site of him triggered that memory for her. Amazing. And I hope she learned her lesson about running at the farm. Come to think of it, she does walk more often than not at the barn now!!
Need to Write
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment