Saturday, July 18, 2009

Horsie Girl

Starlynn and I went to the horse show yesterday!! It was fun, but REALLY hot. We did not stay as long as we had planned to.

My mom's mare that she bred, "Groovy", show name: Make My Heart Sing LC, (Mynk's baby) won her Regionals class with her new owner Michelle. She was amazing. We got our pic taken with her (below). Funny story: When Groovy won, I cheered for her and scared the wits out of my daughter. She threw her arms out, pouted her lip and started crying. I felt bad but her little pouty lip was so cute I just had to laugh as I was soothing her. :-)


Then, she also got to meet McKenna! (Who used to be a student of mine, then I was her nanny when Equiventures closed). We had a really good time. The horse people don't see too many babies, so she was a big star! And loved the attention.


It was a big day (and just really hot and sticky). When we got home mid-afternoon, she ate a LOT almost every hour and a half, and then proceeded to fall asleep by herself in her crib and then slept 8 hours straight! I had to wake her up around 5am (at the 8 hour mark) because, let's just say, I really needed to feed her. Then she ate, and fell back asleep for another 3 hours. Good baby.

Then, after her breakfast, she watched the Your Baby Can Read Starter DVD. She loves them. She gets all gurgly and smiley (if she's awake, dry and fed). I am going to get a little video clip of her watching them. And, it is different than just a normal show on TV (which she never really watches... which is good). This can hold her attention for the whole 1/2 hour. It really is amazing. I know it will be 6-7 more months before she'll show that she is understanding, but I just imagine all the little synapses making those vital connections in her brain as she watches. It makes me feel good, and it makes her feel good too!

We also look at her cards and books they sent about once a day. I promise I'm not making this up... they really hold her attention! Again, I highly recommend this to any mom. It just makes so much sense to me. As you are saying "nose" and touching her nose, and then your nose, why not show her the word "nose"? They are so impressionable and CAN learn to read when learning LANGUAGE (any kind of language--sign, spoken and WRITTEN) is so natural for them. It's harder to learn to read after 5 years of age. Go buy it! It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment