Okay... so today she was up to a BUNCH of her "tricks". I tried to catch them on video, but she just mauls the camera when I bring it out.
This morning, Garrett and I were watching "her" DVD with her. She was reading many different words. She was doing the actions to a few of these words as they came on the screen: "hi" (waving and saying hi), point, yes (nods her head yes), clap, dog (says dog dog), wave, bubble (says bahbow).
Her favorite songs are "Wheels on the Bus" (she starts waving her arm back and forth making "sss" sounds for "swish, swish, swish", and then when you sing "the mommies on the bus go shh shhh shhh", she'll put her finger to her mouth and say "shhh shhh shhh"). "5 little ducks". And then "There was a little house in the middle of the woods", she can do almost all the hand motions to that. I have to get it on film! As soon as she hears "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes", she starts pointing at her toes.
Then, one of the cutest things I love: Garrett was taking her into Primary with him around Father's Day when the kids were practicing "I'm so Glad when Daddy Comes Home". At the end, they say, "And give him what? I great big kiss." And then blow a kiss. She learned to do it in primary (blow a kiss) and when the kids performed the song, she did the kiss part on her own. A few weeks ago, I played that song in the car. She froze and listened to it and then blew the kiss at the end. So cute. I play that song for her a lot. When she hears it she holds her hands up in the air and opens and closes her fingers very "musically".
A couple days ago, Starlynn grabbed her shoes and took them to her Grandma Laura. Grandma put them on, and then Starlynn walked over to me, grabbed my finger, PULLED on me until I stood up and then walked me down the hallway to the front door. I opened it up and we ended up going on a walk outside. LOL She tries to do that a lot now. Sometimes I let her succeed. And when I don't she throws quite a fit. But, I tell her that's the way the cookie crumbles and she can't always get what she wants.
She plays with her blanket forever. Or if she has a towel or rag, she'll wipe things off, and I say "clean, clean, clean!" and she giggles hysterically. I can ask her to clean my face and she'll come over and wipe my face, giggling.
We play tickle games where she tickles my feet and we go tickle other people's feet.
Ask her what a dog says and she says "oh oh oh" with the head motions of "woof woof woof". And still, every time she sees a picture of a cow she says "bowwwwww".
Ok, again, that's all I can remember right now.
I love babies! I love watching her with the babies at church. They're all such little smarties, and so funny. She likes playing with them until she doesn't--she's swatted a couple of them. (lol, such a brat). But then I tell her be nice, and she pets them and says "ice".
Only 3 1/2 more months until she can go to nursery!
I'll post more pics soon.
Oh, I just remembered one more thing. My one "safe" place where I could put her and do things was her high chair, and that has been 'taken' away from me because she stands up in it!! Argh! She stands up and walks accross the couch, gets in her swing and stands up. Of course, I am always telling her "sit down!" Now, I just say, "Starlynn!" and she goes "dih dow", and sits down. Hilarious. If I tell Ellie Mae to "sit", she says "dow". "Dih Dow".
Need to Write
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment