I, Leslie, made a Unicorn horn. I am doing a Halloween party for my clients at the barn, and all the horses will be in costume. Taza (the white horse) is going to be a Unicorn, and today I finished phase 1 of sculpting the horn.**.jpg)
Danny the horse is going to be an Indian Pony, and I bought finger paints to decorate him, AND for Starlynn to do some experimenting with.
Starlynn finger-painted,
.jpg)
Foot-Painted,
.jpg)
And body painted!
.jpg)
Her artwork is now on display and she smiles at it every time we walk by.
We are all proud little artists today!
*For the stalls, we are cutting 30 x 30 squares of plywood, gluing the wood letter names toward the top, then I bought modge podge and I am going to invite the students to bring a photo of them riding the horses (one photo per horse) and we are going to slowly build a collage of each horse. So it will be a wonderful, colorful mess when it's all done (hopefully in a while so new students can put their pics up too). And it will be something I can unscrew from the stall doors and take with us wherever! Or switch it up for a new horse.
**Someone gave me the idea to use air-dry clay or quick-dry clay for the horn. I had never heard of such clay. But dried, it will be a lot lighter than regular clay. I made a paper cone, shaped the clay around it, then used a sharp knife to draw the spiral line, and then a butter knife and my fingers to widen the spiral. It'll take 2-3 days to completely air-dry and then I am going to paint it some sort of shimmering white. Now I have to figure out how to get it to stay on his forehead. Is there such thing as white electrical tape?

No comments:
Post a Comment