Thursday, September 2, 2010

Dear Starlynn


I thought I'd take a moment to tell you about all the things you are doing and saying.

First and foremost, you brighten everyone's day. All your grandparents and aunties, uncles, and especially your parents are blessed by your smiling face and sweet voice.

You can walk anywhere you want to go, and are working on running now. And sadly for mommy, you climb EVERYTHING. Just like your daddy did when he was a baby. You have been standing up in your high chair for a while now, but the other day, in no time at all and without making any noise, you were standing ON the TRAY! About gave mommy a heart attack. You push chairs up to tables and then climb on the chair and then to the table. I don't think you think that anything is out of your reach. Which I guess can be a good thing in the future.

You have LOTS of teeth. The four center on the top, and now one of the canines on the top. The four center on the bottom, and FOUR molars. Overall, you have been a very pleasant teething baby. Only one or two has given you trouble with fevers and crying. The other ones, I didn't even know you were cutting sometimes! And those teeth make for an OH SO CUTE smile, which you show off very often.

You know "up" and "down" very well. When you are climbing up or going up stairs, you say "upf". When you are getting down or going down you say "dee" or "dow".

Songs and music are among your all time favorite things. You like to sing ("ahhhhh" ohhhhhh" "dee dee dee" "na na na") and dance dance dance when you hear music. You like to dance so much, I think we'll put you in dance classes when you turn 3. You know the hand motions to the "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "There Was a Little House", and "Wheels on the Bus". Counting also makes you really happy. You try really hard to count with your fingers, but have only managed to hold up your pointer finger, but a couple of times you have done "two".

Animals are among your all time favorites. When asked, you can tell us what a horsie says, a dog dog says, and an elephant says. And sometimes you meow, when you feel like it. I love it when you whinny like a horse though. And everyone thinks the elephant thing is pretty funny, because you even stick your nose up into the air. To you, a doggy says "uff uff". You love on all the animals, giving them loves and hugs. One of these days, you'll have to learn that not all doggies are safe, because you go up to any one you see.

You are reading several words. I know for sure you can read "arms up", "tongue", "shoes", "yes", "bubble", "bird". There are more but I can't think of them right now.

Quick list of words that I can think of that you say:

Bubble
Horse
Fish
Dada
Papa
Mom (not mama... just mom)
Boo (for Uncle Boo)
Up (Upf)
Dee or Dow (Down)
Ball
Dog
Juice (ooos)
Shoes (ooshs), kinda backwards, but it does sound different than Juice.
Kiss (iss)


I love, love, love, love, love you. You are very free with your hugs and kisses and that's good, because I can't get enough. Daddy loves you so much too. You two have a lot of chasing and tickling games. It's pretty cute. And you snuggle him a lot too.

You are looking more like a little girl every day. It makes me sad, but it also makes me so excited to see all you have in store for us in the days and years to come. You are already one of my best friends.

Thank you, sweet girl, for picking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment