What I mean is, I can NOT stay inside all day long, without physical exercise. Even when it is so so painful to walk because of current pregnancy and even when I am not supposed to be. I feel Starlynn is the same way. She loves to go "bye bye" everyday and I just feel guilty if she doesn't get some stimulation outside of the house and some physical exercise. It makes ME stir-crazy just to think of it.
But, you know... when you see that Vitamin D outside in Seattle, you HAVE to get outside. Starlynn and I took the car a short distance in our neighborhood to the park. Then she got to ride her bike that she needs about 1-2 more inches to push the pedals all the way around. But daddy installed a rope to it and pulled her up and down the sidewalk. And once it went off the side and she had her first bike accident. But I put her right back up on that 'horse' and she stopped crying and was just fine.
See, and I am so glad we got out in that sunshine because as usual, the next day it was pouring. Daddy had a test to do by Southcenter mall, so I took the stroller so I could lean on it and not look too ridiculous going through the mall and then she got to play in the play place. What was so wonderful about this??? Last time I took her I had to help her do everything cuz she was still just a wee bit young. This time, I got to sit the whole time and watch her climb and go down the slide all by herself 20-30 times in a row. It was marvelous... something I've been looking forward to (that is, not having to help her on the playgrounds.)
The only time I had to get up was because when another kid would come up to the slide she'd YELL, "Mine! Go!" Oh the little attitude she has. I went up to her and held her arm and talked in her ear like I was talking to an adult, "Starlynn, these are everybody's, not just yours. You say 'mine' one more time then we are done playing and we will leave."
I left her to play more, totally expecting her to do it again, but to my surprise she didn't! I think she knew what she was doing was not good and she didn't need to understand my words to catch my meaning. Thankfully. Because I didn't really want to have to follow through, but I was prepared to anyway.
I told Garrett this and he thought it was hilarious. I told him it wasn't. She is a pretty little blonde and I am not going to let her be that snotty girl that everyone hates. He said, "I want her standing up for herself with boys though. She can tell them to 'go'." I agreed.
And here is our little Valentine earlier that day. She loves tromping around in mommy's shoes and she LOOOOVES that bear. I wish I could catch on tape the way she says "bear". It's the cutest thing ever.

That girl is just WAY too cute!
ReplyDeleteThank you for taking the time to blog. You certainly make us smile.
ReplyDelete