As this is Starlynn's "Online Baby Book" pretty much, I need to take the opportunity to write down some things she is doing.
Just a few minutes ago, she was sitting in my lap, and I was playing games with her. She had her arms up over her head and I started eentsy weentsy spider at "Out came the sun", and at "and dried up all the rain" she put her arms down and then my mom and I gasped because when I sang "and the eentsy weentsy spider crawled up the spout again", she put her fingers together and moved them around. She definitely knew what she was doing.
You know those frozen Mixed Vegetables? I cooked some of those up today and gave her some without being pureed. She just chews em up which I think is so cute.
She has still never, not once, refused anything we have given her to eat. She loves it all.
She can clap her hands when you say "Clap, clap, clap!"
She has gotten very good at the "arms up" thing.
She gives really, really slobbery kisses. She basically washes my face for me when I get home from the barn.
She loves when I wear hats and we play a game with the hat (beanie). Then, if I leave her on the floor with it, she tries to put it on her own head.
Physically, she's not as far along as other babies her age, but not that far behind either. She now army crawls all over. She's taken a few real crawl-steps, but not enough in a row that I consider "crawling" yet.
Ok, and, in the middle of writing this blog, I went downstairs to check on her and she had pulled herself up on the side of the crib. So far, she has just pulled herself up on people, so this was a first for her pulling herself up on an object.
I can't really type or imitate the sound/word she says when she sees the dogs, but it is definitely Starlynn's way of saying dog and it sounds darn close. She also makes whistling-like "f" "s" and "h" sounds looking at fishes or horses. (and other times too).
Well, I think that's it so far. I have been done nursing now for almost a month. She can feed herself her bottles, snacks and fruits and veggies. It's fun! I love when we get to go out to a restaurant and she gets to sit in the highchair at the table. She's just so grown up it kills me.
She has REALLY bonded with her daddy lately.
Oh, I almost forgot, tooth #8 came through yesterday. Isn't that crazy?!??! She has 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom. Crazy toothy kid.
Need to Write
10 years ago

well you may not think she is not as advanced as other babies her age in the crawling/walking area(and she isn't behind she is just fine. In no time flat she'll be cruising all around your house on her two little feet) but at least she EATS!!! I would sing the entire Hallelujah chorus (after recovering from shock) if Nathan would eat vegetables and fruits from off the table!
ReplyDelete