Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Story of Storytime

We have been meaning to take Starlynn to the Tuesday morning story time at the Covington library for some time now. We finally went today, and Garrett declared, "Let's do that every week!"
Starlynn was pretty much in shell shock the whole time. It will be good for her to go to help open her up to new people more. She can be kind of shy. Even though to a lot of people, she will give a cute smile to.
Here is her daddy helping her do the hand motions to the songs:


There was a "flying to the moon" song, and they would count down from 10 and then everybody would toss their little ones in the air. We sung that song three times. The first time, I could tell it scared her. The second time, she cried and I got this pic. The third time, Garrett thought it might help if he turned her around to face him when she got tossed. It didn't help. It was everybody shouting at the same time, and then getting tossed. It was loud and scary! She recovered quick though. I think this pick of her rodolph nose and her tear is so precious.
Sitting on the floor paying rapt attention to the stories:

At the end, we have bubbles! You can kind of tell how she reacted in this pick. When they'd hit her face, she would blink fast and shake her head around. It was so cute.
Of course, now Garrett wants to buy a bubble machine. :-)

We had fun all in all. I am actually pretty shy too. Garrett jumped right in and sang the songs with everybody. I felt really awkward, but I tried anyway. Garrett knows a lot of songs I don't remember that well.

I did get teary when Garrett helped Starlynn walk to the front of the room to place her "S" on the board. She just looked so grown up, and was participating with the group. I am definitely going to be one of those moms that cries hysterically on the first day of kindergarten.

No comments:

Post a Comment