Monday, April 26, 2010

Baby Story

Yesterday, Starlynn, my mom and I went to meet Cathi's "Story", the new baby horse. In the tradition of cool registered horse names, this is Story's registered name: Her dad's name is Apaladin. Story's name is Once Apalatime CM. Barn name: Story!!

Of course, Starlynn LOOOOVED her. This is the tail end of a couple of the hugs Starlynn was giving Story's neck.
Me letting Story nuzzle me. She is the SWEETEST foal I think I've ever met. And so so pretty!
We were standing some distance away after petting her for a while, and Starlynn kept squirming out of my arms. I just held one of Starlynn's hands and she walked ALL the way across that pasture to get to the baby horse. Then, Story closed the gap and walked up to Starlynn and sniffed her head for a while.
Precious, eh? It was definitely a memory I am treasuring. I wish we would have gotten a video of her walking across the pasture. I was barely balancing her. Nothing to motivate a girl forward like a pretty horse!
Oh, did I mention Starlynn says "horse" now? Well, her version is "hisss". Garrett was holding her at Reber while I was bringing horses in, and she started pointing at them and saying "hisss, hisss". So cute. She was saying it to Story and Sisoeles too, especially while she was walking across the pasture.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite part was when Starlynn sat down and put her hand on the ground...she quickly picked it up and looked at it with a very puzzled look on her face as if to say "EWWW" and then asked to be picked up! LOL, girly girl in the making :)

    ReplyDelete