At 11 Months Starlynn is:
- Standing on her own with no support for up to 5 seconds.
- Says "hi", "dada", "mama", "baba", "dog", and "fish". She is now trying to say "shoe" by saying "sssssshh" when I bring her shoes out and start putting them on her feet while saying "Starlynn's shoe!" Oh, she now says these above words at all the appropriate times. She will say "nananana" when you give her a banana or when Ben (and now everybody) calls her 'Pirhana'.
- She got her first big owie by putting her hand on the glass fireplace. Huge blisters! Her hand is wrapped to keep the area clean while the blisters pop and heal. Besides the initial pain, she has been pretty much pain free since. She crawls, claps, and generally leaves her wrap alone. Babies are so adaptable!! She just does everything with her other hand now.
- She can throw the big ball (see below).
- She is the LOVEY-EST (I know that's not a word) baby ever. She hugs EVERYTHING and says "aaaaaaahhhhh" in sweet little tones.
- Everything is funny.
- She is cruising down the couches pretty fast.
- She pulls herself up on EVERYTHING. Including our legs and then pushes forward so we will walk with her following.
- She only has to hold one of my hands to walk forward now.
- She crawls really fast and likes to be chased, she'll squeal and laugh and spin around getting ready for the tickles.
- Climbs stairs, and has lowered herself down a couple too.
- Has sat on a horse several times... I'm creating a monster. She loves it!
- Still eats everything. Started turning down chunks of food, but as soon as I pureed it, she ate it again. Sometimes she'll finger feed herself, sometimes she wants it pureed and fed to her.
- Still only has 7 teeth. I swore there was 8 at one time, but there is just 7. :-)
- She is a joy to be around and LITERALLY the light of our lives. As Grandpa Charlie says, "she spreads joy wherever she goes!"
- She waves hi and bye to people, even strangers.
- Oh yes, and she is still a sucker for the camera as can be seen below:
Monkey Face:
I FINALLY was able to get her Monkey-face and monkey-sounds which she does ALL THE TIME on video :-)
Turtle Peek-A-Boo:
Of course as soon as I turn the camera on, things aren't as cool as the first couple times she did them. We were in the mall and Ben put the stroller shade cover up and she looked like a little turtle popping out of her shell. Then she figures out how to get rid of it.
Throwing the Ball:
Starlynn is getting the art down of picking up and throwing the ball. Be patient with her, and keep watching! Because of course as soon as I turned on the camera, she couldn't do it as easily, but she gets it again toward the end of the video.
Tummy Tickles from Daddy:
Again, she was kinda winding down by the time I got the camera, but tummy tickles are her favorite!
Using the iPhone:
Starlynn tries to use her fingers on the iPhone like mommy and daddy do (in between chewing on it)

Love the videos, but they are just not long enough.
ReplyDelete