I think potty training might be right around the corner. I could probably do it now if I wanted, but I am just not wanting to yet. But just a little bit ago, Starlynn told me "hoo hee" and then "diaper". I thought she was telling me her diaper was dirty, but in fact, she ended up going "hoo hee" a few minutes later. She was able to tell me beFORE she went potty that she needed to go.
Sigh, I just have no idea what I am doing, so I guess I better do some reading up and then potty train my little girl who is starting to not like her diapers too much.
Also, I put on facebook about Starlynn's attempted first night in her new toddler bed. She wasn't falling asleep there, but Garrett took her from her crib and put her in her bed after she fell asleep. She woke up once when Launa did at around 3:00 and cried a lot (she was TIRED), but went back to sleep until her normal time.
Last night, we decided to try it again. I laid on the floor next to her bed until she fell all the way asleep, (I didn't want to traumatize her by starting "crying it out" since I've never really done that before.)
Then I cheated, because I put a fan on low in her room for some white noise so she wouldn't hear Launa in our room a room over from hers during the night. It worked and she slept perfectly in her bed until about 7:15 this morning.
She's growing up! I actually don't like it too much sometimes, I miss my baby. But it's also fun to see her go through all her stages of life with such enthusiasm.
Parenthood..........
Need to Write
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment