Starlynn-
Right now you are learning to sleep in your toddler bed. When daddy brought it home and set up up you went ballistic with excitement. But, you didn't last your first night in it. I ended up putting you back in your crib because I was too tired. But daddy moved you into your bed after you fell asleep and you slept almost the rest of the night. Except once when you heard Launa.
Then the next couple nights, mommy stayed in your room next to your bed and let you rub my arm until you fell all the way asleep. Then last night, I stayed in for a few minutes and thought you were asleep and left your room and then I heard you crying a minute later and you were trying to find the door in the darkness. I put you back in bed but you kept getting out and stood crying in the middle of your room.
Finally, I am sorry to say, I swatted your little behind and told you not to get up again and that worked.
Tonight, I didn't stay in your room, but am right outside it listening for you. You were quiet for a while and then the phone rang and I heard you call for me but I just say "lay down and go to sleep" through your door and you obeyed! You didn't get out of your bed and have been very quiet for over 5 minutes now so I think you're asleep.
Good girl!
I love you precious. You have a cute bed time routine of getting a piggy back ride from daddy down the stairs, and then we kneel down by your bed and say prayers. Then we do kisses and daddy goes upstairs while I wait for you to fall asleep.
We love you so much.
Daddy and Mommy
Need to Write
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment