Sunday, April 17, 2011

Observatory

Starlynn has an observatory . . . it's the world.

It is pretty scary to me, actually, how much she learns just by watching. When I am doing any task and she's watching me, I am thinking in my head, "stop it! stop learning!" lol

Examples:
  • I've never taught her how to get off a horse correctly, I just usually pull her off. Well yesterday, when we got the horse back in the barn (she's still up there) and stopped, she swings her leg behind her, lays her belly on the saddle then starts to slide down. Sigh.
  • We have a little egg-cooker frying pan... just a tiny little thing. Starlynn grabs it today and then comes and bumps it against my leg several times. This, in case you don't know, is from Tangled. I think maybe the only negative outcome of that movie now is that my daughter likes to hit things with a frying pan LOL.
  • Yoga Poses... its really funny to watch her practice yoga with me. She's really good of course, and more flexible than me.
  • Writing: Starlynn no longer colors all over a page. Because she watches me writing a lot, she makes small little zig zag lines in rows on a piece of paper. Wow.

She not only watches big actions, but DETAILS. Like, if I hold my fingers a certain way on Launa's binkie, she tries to do it the EXACT same way.



That's my Starlynn!!

This is a good thing, because she'll be able to do so much, but also a bad thing. Like when we're at the park and kids are leaping off of high places, I get scared she might try to as well. But, I think she does know her limits. I let her explore her limits herself (letting her fall off of things she shouldn't be on, etc) and so she is pretty wise. But still... I get a little nervous when I see her "studying" somebody. I am just going to teach her to be a leader and not a follower.

1 comment:

  1. A careful woman I need to be, a little lassie follows me! :-}

    ReplyDelete