Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Butt Hurt

Rude title, right?

Well, there are some words you directly teach your kids and some you inadvertenly teach them. Like when daddy says, "I'm gonna swat your butt", and grandma says, "you have such a cute little butt-butt", your child learns the word "butt".

Today Starlynn had a little bit of tummy problems and got a pretty bad diaper rash. She grabs her bum and says, "mommy, butt". I said, "What's wrong? Does it hurt?"

"Hurt. Butt."

"Ok Star, come here and mommy will help."

It's sad but funny too because she says that word so cutely.

Now this is very personal but my husband and mom cracked up, so I'll tell it here just for the laugh and memories.

The first time I knew Starlynn knew the word butt was when I was changing clothes and she walked up to be and put her hand on my bum and said, "Hi butt."

lol... Kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment