Starlynn has recognized pictures of Jesus' face for a while now and a couple of weeks ago in church, she sat with my mom who was sitting next to one of her friends. That friend pulled out some pictures of Jesus and showed Starlynn the wounds on his hands. Starlynn said "Jesus owies".
Tonight I was reading Starlynn some Book of Mormon stories from these great older kids story/picture books and I opened to a picture of Jesus's hands with just the wound on it and she said "Jesus" without any prompting or without seeing his face. It was very sweet.
I paraphrased by the pictures the story of him showing himself to the Lamanites in the Americas and blessing the children and she was trying to repeat everything I said. I closed the book and she said "more Jesus?" So I opened it back up and we read some more.
For a long time I felt as if I wasn't doing a good job helping my kids remember where they came from or even why they are here, but I feel better when tender moments like that happen. I know she doesn't understand yet but I bore my testimony to her tonight that Jesus got those wounds for her so that she could be happy and that He loves her very much.
Need to Write
10 years ago

I am so grateful for the righteous young lady my grandchildren have for a Mother.
ReplyDelete