Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July

You very much enjoyed "works, pretties". (Fireworks, pretties) At least after a while.

We started off throwing snap its for a few days and doing smoke bombs during the day. Then daddy got out the loud stuff and you clung to Uncle Ben or whoever was closest and stuck your bottom lip out, not sure if you wanted to cry or not.

Then, unfortunately you got burned by a sparkler spark. It was the 4th or 5th sparkler we played with and you were liking it. Darn sparkler. A spark went under your shirt on your neck and burned you a little. But, like a tough girl, you only cried for about 10 minutes while we cleaned you up and got you ice. Mommy and Daddy feel really bad and won't be giving you any sparklers any time soon.

I thought it would traumatize you, but you wanted to go back out and watch. So I wrapped you up in a big blanket and held you on my lap on the porch. I had to cover your ears for the loudest ones, but you'd say "yay, pretties" after about each one. :)

Around 10:30 or so, you started falling asleep out there in my arms, but would wake up when a loud one went off or when someone would yell. So, at 10:45, I took you inside and you fell asleep in my arms when I was walking you downstairs to go to bed. So I just layed you in your bed wrapped in the big blanket and you slept until 8am the next morning.

What was the very first thing you did when you woke up? "Works! Pretties!" And you kept repeating like you were missing out on the show, so I had to open the front door and show you it was daylight and that the fireworks were all done. lol. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment